Treenails Manufacturing

I decided to go for "stripes of bamboo" and a homemade drawplate..


As for the drawplate: I cutout a piece of metal (a top plate  from an old car radio) and drilled holes from 1,5 mm to 0,6 mm and sanded them afterwards with grit 600.

For the nails I used bamboo skewers and cut them in thinner "stripes" with a sharp scalpel blade.
After selecting the "finest" ones I pulled/pushed them through the drawplate until i reached the goal :0.6 mm.
This process was actually not as bad as I thought it would be.


But after i fitted the first nails i noticed that the nails where hard to see  (se top nails) so  i decided to use a black marker and gave the bamboo a black coating, i think this gives a much better contrast with the surrounding wood ( se some of the bottom nails)


It might not be so easy to see with the default picture size, but you can right click on the picture and open it in new tab to zoom in for the highest resolution.

No comments:

Post a Comment